The Belk College of Business seeks a diverse group of MBA students. Applications are evaluated on several factors, including prior academic performance, GMAT or GRE scores, professional work experience, and references.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A satisfactory GPA on all previous course work beyond high school (at least a 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA)
- Unofficial transcripts of all academic work attempted beyond high school can be used for admission review. An official final transcript must be submitted within the first semester of attendance if an applicant is offered admission. International transcripts provided in a language other than English should be uploaded along with a formal evaluation from a NACES endorsed service.
- Three academic or professional recommendations
- A statement of purpose describing the applicant’s experience and objectives in undertaking graduate studies in our Charlotte MBA
- A resume or CV
- A satisfactory score on the GMAT or GRE test comprising of acceptable levels on both the verbal and quantitative scores.
The Belk College of Business may consider waiving the GMAT/GRE for candidates who meet certain requirements. Learn more here.
Although work experience is not a requirement for admission to the program, applicants are encouraged to acquire some full-time professional experience before applying to the program. Three or more years of work experience is preferred.
In addition to all of the requirements listed above, international students must also submit an official TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test score to demonstrate English language proficiency (ELP).
International applicants should refer to the International Admissions website for more information on minimum ELP exam scores, financial certification, and other helpful international admissions information.