General Questions

What are the important dates for registration, degree application,drop/add?

Please view the Academic Calendar for important dates.

How do I register for classes?

Your local EGADE advisor will help you select your schedule for the upcoming semester. The Office of Global Business Studies will register you for the current semester classes.

Why do I have two student numbers? Why is my name different at UNC Charlotte?

Students in the dual-degree program are enrolled in the computer system at both universities and must use the numbering systems at each university for identification. Additionally, the UNC Charlotte system is not currently configured to handle six names for a student, common in Mexico. The system will accommodate those names chosen by the applicant during admission. Students can choose a combination of names totaling less than 37 characters for their diploma.

Why doesn't my schedule match the semester I'm taking courses?

Since EGADE operates on a trimester schedule and the Belk College operates on a semester schedule, you may notice a discrepancy on your schedule. If you have questions regarding your schedule, please consult the Office of Global Business Graduate Programs.

Who do I contact with questions about tuition and fees?

Questions about payment should be directed to your local contact unless the fee is showing up on your UNC Charlotte account. In that case, please contact the Office of Global Business Graduate Programs

How do I provide feedback on my professors?

Global Business Programs is moving towards online evaluations to better capture your feedback. These evaluations will be sent to your UNC Charlotte email accounts.

System Access

How can I access the school system?

Please go to the My UNCC Site for details.

How can I reach the library electronic database?

1. Visit our library site. 2. Click Login From Home at upper right corner. 3. Follow the instructions to login by using your NinerNET username and password. 4. Go back to library homepage 5. Under Find Information column, click Articles, Papers, Reports. 6. You may now search for the electronic resources you need.

Where can I maintain my personal information?

1. Login your My UNC Charlotte account 2. Go to Banner Self Service under My 49er tab 3. Click Click here for Banner Self Service 4. Go to Personal Information 5. You may then maintain your personal information here.


Where can I find information regarding graduation?

For questions regarding graduation, please see the Graduation section.


Where can I see my grades and GPA?

Unofficial transcript information is available online through My UNC Charlotte. 1. Go to Banner Self Service under My 49er tab. 2. Click on "Click here for Banner Self Service". 3. Go to Student Services/Student Accounts. 4. Click "Student Records". 5. Click "Academic Transcript". 6. Then click Submit. 7. You may then see your grade records here.

How can I request an official transcript?

There are two ways to apply for a transcript: apply for it through My UNC Charlotte or fill out the form, scan and email to us. We strongly suggest the latter one as the fee can be waived for our program students if our address is indicated in the form. A $5 handling fee is required if you apply online.

After we have received your transcript, we will send it via UPS to your local contact to prevent it from being lost during international delivery. When you fill out the form, please note: If you select "send immediately" some of your grades may not be posted on your transcript when you receive it. This is because it takes at least one month to post the grades to the system. If you select "hold for degree", you will receive your full transcript upon receipt of your diploma. (Note: The diploma is usually awarded two months after your graduation date.)

At the second table below MAIL TO: or Fax, please fill out your name with our address as follows: Office of Global Business Studies at UNC Charlotte (Note: If you do not use the address above, you will be charged the $5 handling fee for the transcripts). No Billing Information is required.

What are the grade requirements for the M.B.A.?

A minimum grade point average of 3.0 is necessary to graduate. If you receive a "U" or more than two "C"s, you will be suspended from the program.

What if I am suspended from the program?

Students who are suspended from the program due to a below minimum Grade Point Average can appeal the process by completing the suspension appeal form. Please specify what steps you will take to earn satisfactory grades?

What are the grading policies and procedures?

All policies and procedures are subject to the Graduate School. Please follow the rules under Graduate Catalog.

I've received an "I" in a class. How long do I have to complete the work?

An incomplete grade of "I" is given only at the discretion of the instructor. The missing work must be completed during the next semester in which you enroll, or no later than 12 months after the "I" was assigned if you are not enrolled, whichever comes first. In some instances, the class will need to be repeated to receive a final grade.

Taking Courses at UNC Charlotte

Do I need a visa to study in the U.S.?

Students should plan to enter in J1 exchange visitor status and International Student Scholar Office at UNC Charlotte will create the DS-2019 immigration document needed for you to apply for a visa in Mexico. For more information.

General Questions

What are the classes offered at UNC Charlotte?

Please click here for the current Dual M.B.A. course schedule.

Where do the classes take place?

UNC Charlotte offers M.B.A. courses at two convenient locations: the main university campus in northeast Charlotte and UNC Charlotte Center City, in the heart of the center city. Our Center City campus is about 25 minutes by car from the main campus. Please check the course schedules for the course location.

Where can I find information about housing?

The Off-Campus Housing website is a great place for looking for housing.

What are the school terms?

See the school terms at Academic Calendar. View Summer Calendar.

Are there immunization requirements for international students?

North Carolina state law (General Statute 130A-155.1) requires anyone entering college to present a certificate of immunization that documents their compliance with all required immunizations. However, there might be exemptions that apply to you, including studying in the summer and only taking classes after 5:00 PM. If you have any questions, please contact the Student Health Center.